Providence is seeking an Executive Director of contracting, supporting our fast growing Ambulatory Care Network.
This person can be located in Renton, WA or Irvine, CA.
The Executive Director will be responsible for partnering withleaders in Ambulatory Care providing tactical direction for contracting throughcollaboration with market contracting teams and consulting with and/advisingthe appropriate executive staff on issues and events. This person will alsopresent action plans to ensure objectives are met and facilitate communicationbetween Providence departments, and between the Providence Ministries/Networksand the health plan payers in the problem resolution process and work collaboratively with the SVP, Contracting, Executive Directors Contracting and Analytics, and Sr. Contract Managers/Contract Managers to identify and mitigate contract deficiencies and to identify reimbursement enhancement opportunities.
This person willalso work to define and implement processes for the successful implementationof payer contracts, and contracting as well as monitor the contract performancefor the Ambulatory Care Network for each health plan and develop reimbursementstrategies for the negotiating teams to enhance contract performance and attainstrategic and operational goals.
Essential Values-Based Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by management employees in order to achieve the Mission of the Providence.
- Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication, interpersonal relations and leading courageously.
- Experience: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business/job specific knowledge.
- Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
- Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
- Serves as the Executive presence between Contracting, the Ambulatory Care Network and joint venture partners.
- Facilitates the review and implementation of negotiated payer contracts for Providence for the ASCs by working with appropriate functional departments in support of the Providence strategic and financial plan.
- Strong, analytical and critical thinking skills to drive disciplines, fact-based decisions and executing with discipline and urgency.
- Strong financial management and negotiation skills.
- Identify and implement reimbursement strategies to improve payer relations and better serve our patients, payors, physicians, Ambulatory Care Network, joint venture partners and others by identifying and sharing best practices across ministries, networks, departments.
- Ability to operate in and balance multiple accountabilities.
- Help develop and set overall reimbursement strategy for each pillar in the ACN and then work with the contracting team and ACN teams to execute with each payer.
- Provide leadership in analytics and performance measurement to help refine and monitor reimbursement strategy. Work closely with ACN CFO and team.
- Solid understanding of entire operational workflows around reimbursement and contracting for ACN pillars.
- Position is deeply imbedded in pillar discussions for ASCs, center level discussions to help set strategy and escalate as needed.
- Support contract and reimbursement modeling to support service line expansion and develop activities.
- Involvement in contact compliance activities to enhance potential optimization efforts.