Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Individual will be responsible for leading Bristol-Myers Squibb’s medicinal chemistry capabilities at our sites in San Diego, CA and Redwood City, CA. The primary research focus will be in Oncology, with emphasis on protein homeostasis approaches and modulators of the tumor microenvironment. This leader will be responsible for setting the chemistry strategy for the team in coordination with leaders of the Thematic Research Clusters at each site. The position will report into the Head of Small Molecule Drug Discovery and will be part of SMDD’s leadership team.
• Candidates must have a Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry with >12 years of experience in the Pharma/Biotech industry.
• The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of 1) individual bench-level accomplishments, 2) leading teams of medicinal chemists to drive projects to clinical candidates, and 3) mentoring/guiding multiple project leaders in a medicinal chemistry department setting.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across sites and functions is required.
• A strong record of innovation as demonstrated by patents is required, as well as good visibility in the field as evidenced through publications and presentations.
• The successful candidate will show abilities to develop and articulate a strategy, as well as influence the future direction of research programs and assets.
• A background in oncology drug discovery from a chemistry perspective is strongly preferred.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.