Executive Director Chamber of Commerce
Seeking person with minimum 5 years business experience who would serve as the key representative and advocate for business owners and Chamber members. Goals of the Chamber, which is an independent non- profit organization, vary but include the following:
- Spokesperson for the organization to City staff and elected officials, as well as to all chamber members and visitors to the city.
- Advocate for solid business relations within the city and for existing and newly opening businesses within Hermosa Beach. Bring awareness to its membership on proposed city initiatives and other commercial developments within the city.
- Oversee and direct strategies for marketing the City to various audiences, as well as for many Chamber events. These events include but are not limited to:
- A large arts & crafts fiesta open to the public, held twice yearly, to raise operating funds for the chamber
- Business openings and networking events
- Political occasions and celebrations for city officials and outstanding business leaders
- Community driven events
- Cultivate relationships with businesses that provide sponsorship revenues for Chamber events. Should be skilled at soliciting sponsorship revenues
Hired by the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce, the Executive Director would report to the Executive Committee of the Chamber. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field. Candidate to have experience and/ or understanding of strategic planning, public policy, basic accounting principles, office management and community outreach. Need an understanding and the ability to oversee marketing and events.
Sales will be based on candidate’s previous work experience, education, understanding of business management the ability to conversing with several target audiences. These include (and are not limited to) city business owners, city officials, outside vendors, paid members, and general public.
This is a confidential search. We are a fun loving beach community that is not far from the Roar of Los Angeles