Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
***This position is eligible for relocation assistance and a $10,000 Sign On Bonus***
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and direction of services including:
- Ensure the safe and effective delivery of care and services.
- Maintain compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Overall profit and loss responsibility.
- Business development and revenue growth.
- Manage business operations and expense to ensure successful financial performance.
- Plan, develop and implement new programs.
- Adapt strategies to a rapidly changing local and regional business environment.
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communication.
- Develop, implement and maintain key relationships with other Optum entities, referral sources, SNF’s, hospitals, providers, and other healthcare organizations.
- Ensure that staff, organizational structure and systems promote interdisciplinary care.
- Ensure standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained.
- Provide leadership for the Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement (QI/PI) program.
- Educate and develop agency staff and ensure that staff meet or exceed minimum levels of care.
- Represents the company as the official spokesperson within the community; manages public relations in conjunction with Optum Marketing and Public Relations..
- Assures the appropriate handling/resolution of any complaints from patients, families or the public.
- Continually assesses and evaluates hospice services, patient outcomes, family / patient satisfaction to ensure optimal care delivery.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or similar health care field required
- Active Nevada RN license in good standing or the ability to obtain
- 10+ years healthcare-related experience
- 5+ years Hospice/Palliative experience
- 5+ years previous managerial experience at the Executive Director, Director or Associate Director level
- Reliable transportation
- Master’s degree preferred
- Able to demonstrate ability to effectively manage a large hospice and palliative care agency that is part of a large integrated managed care system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in business computer applications
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.