The Executive Director of Medical Operations will partner with the Sentara Ambulatory Services Division Vice President of Medical Operations-Provider Solutions and his/her dyad partner, along with the Senior Leadership of the Ambulatory Services Division in the assigned region to define, plan, develop, implement and oversee specific clinical program and system to guide and attain the strategic goals of the Ambulatory Services Division and Sentara Healthcare.
- Works with Sentara Ambulatory Services Division and assigned Market/Region/Hospital(s) leadership to collaboratively develop goals and to affect progress towards the goals
- Reviews clinical productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned programs/practices to improve Market/Region/Division operations
- Utilizes analytical skills to track, trend and interpret relevant operational and clinical metrics. Implements strategies and acts a change agent to improve outcomes
- Functions as a clinical liaison with regional and market directors of business and medical operations.
- Consults with directors and physicians and advanced practice providers and utilizes best practices and standardization in order to optimize practice operations and physician/advanced practice provider earnings (workflows, documentation, coding, team care model, etc.)
- Engages in activities related to the delivery of medical care and clinical services including cost management, utilization review, quality assurance, medical protocol development, customer satisfaction, provider and team member satisfaction, workflow efficiency, and optimization of documentation and coding.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, bylaws, regulatory requirement and best practice guidelines in collaboration with Directors of Medical and Business Operations.
- Serves as an advocate for physicians/advanced practice providers
- Maintains an active part-time clinical practice as appropriate