DEFINITION OF POSITION:
Serves as the Chief Nurse Executive and provides overall management of clinical, regulatory, administrative and financial direction of hospital based nursing and clinical service lines and assumes final responsibility for all activities and personnel. Is responsible to ensure the practice of nursing, clinical services and the provision of patient care at Grande Ronde Hospital reflect the hospital’s philosophy and standards. Adheres to state, federal, JCAHO, CAP and other regulatory guidelines as applicable. Evaluates provision of services through performance improvement activities. Consults with staff, physicians and collaborates with the management team on problems and interpretation of organization policies to ensure patient and family needs are met. Has overall budget accountability for patient care services. Reviews operating results of nursing and clinical services, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results. Service line supervision includes Case Management, Utilization Review, Nursing Services, Laboratory Services, Emergency Department and Physicians, Hospitalist Providers, Anesthesia Providers, Surgical Assistants, Oncology Clinic and Oncologist, Cardiology Clinic and Cardiology Providers, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Services, Quality and Risk Management, Dietary, Pharmacy, Respiratory, Sleep, Radiology, Infection Prevention, Employee Health, Telemedicine, Home Care and Hospice Services. This position reports to the President/CEO.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and has a current Oregon RN license without restriction.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related field with graduate education desirable.
- Five years experience in nursing.
- Five years of progressive responsibility managing in a health care setting.
- Strong skills or aptitude in leadership and management.
- Possess skills in identifying problems, planning and implementing solutions.
- Experience in coordinating budget control.
- Possess solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer experience using word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Current CPR card.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate therapeutically.
- Able to provide support to the nurse and working managers as needed.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. maximum, with some lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Able to address the age-specific cultural, physical and psychosocial well-being of patients, employees and visitors to the Hospital.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to lead change and projects in the organization
- Provides a safe environment and promotes quality patient care through adherence to established standards.
- Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Contributes to the productivity and professional environment of patient care services.
- Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth.