Executive Director of Student Experience Redesign
The George Mason University Office of the Provost invites applications for an Executive Director of Student Experience Redesign. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
As a leader within the Office of the Provost, this position will bring various university stakeholders together to implement the goals of the Student Experience Redesign Project. The Executive Director will manage university identified cross functional working groups and their goals to directly and positively influence the student experience. This position requires experience at effective operations management of large-scale education innovations, including CRM implementation, innovative education partnerships with peer institutions, and well as businesses and educational technology companies. This position will be responsible for directing a program consisting of multiple projects involving student services, technology integration and partnerships.
Reporting to the Provost, and in partnership with university and external stakeholders including the Division of Enrollment Management, Information Technology Services, University Life, Academic Units, the Student Experience Leadership Team, the Executive Director will:
- Provide leadership, support and guidance while directing the implementation of the full life-cycle integration of operations, technology and services as part of the overall mission of Mason's Student Experience Redesign (SER) and its alignment to the Mason strategic goals;
- Create a motivating team environment with an open communication culture;
- Provide direction for the design and implementation of complex, integrated solutions; working closely with a large stakeholder higher education community in the review, evaluation and delivery of implementation strategies as well as program enhancements;
- Responsible for building and integrating large scale, effective solutions that address the needs of SER;
- Provide comprehensive strategy and thought leadership in the integration of multiple functions and technology infrastructure in support of an enhanced, streamlined student experience; linking component subsystems and ensuring they work together as a unit;
- Provide expertise in achieving effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery and support of services related to technology, business, and operations management;
- Provide detailed analysis and independent perspectives on how to architect and integrate capabilities and services related to SER;
- Identify risks or issues in the execution of the initiative and provide mitigation recommendations;
Working under only general direction, provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems;
- Engage in working groups to streamline costs, determine risks and gaps and offer strategic support;
- Oversee performance of the Student Experience Redesign initiative, identifying areas of improvement and opportunities for continual success;
- Assist in the change management activities associated with the implementation of these initiatives.
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to translate complex and sometimes ambiguous stakeholder requirements into actions, while efficiently producing desired results;
- Project management and/or integration experience;
- Experience working in a Student Engagement environment with the understanding of coaching/advising models;
- Job related experience in requirements management, service delivery management, and/or change management;
- Experience developing and designing solutions that satisfy requirements and fulfill functional analysis;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a structurally diverse team;
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and effective execution.
- Knowledge of Project Management Framework (PMF);
- Experience working in an IT environment with the ability to learn new technologies;
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA94Gz at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.