ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing the performance of housekeeping staff and supervisors.
- Plans and organizes the cleaning of all guests' rooms and public areas.
- Provide daily cleaning assignments to room attendants.
- Manage staffing fluctuations and identify staffing needs.
- Monitors guest service scores via reports and guest comments for cleanliness, addresses any issues immediately and implements programs that meet or exceed brand benchmarks, in conjunction with General Manager.
- Ensures that all housekeeping associates have been thoroughly trained and are consistently following service standards and procedures.
- Inspect cleanliness of all hotel rooms and public areas.
- Provide current and prospective associates with information about company policies and job duties.
- Develops and executes incentives and programs that promote positive associate relations.
- Develops weekly staff work schedules within budgeted labor guidelines to ensure maximum productivity and revenue while maintaining service standards and quality.
- Conducts and maintains inventory of all linens, in-room amenities and cleaning supplies and place inventory orders when required.
- Works closely with maintenance department to ensure that maintenance and repairs involving guest rooms and public areas are completed timely.
- Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- One-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience or Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Ability to interpret and perform intermediate computer functions.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow through, and work with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to exert physical effort consistent with cleaning assigned rooms as per the hotel standards.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.
What to Expect
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.