General Description: Responsible for working with show hosts, preparing the rundown of new stories, identifying and integrating guests, overseeing and executing the production of key video and graphic elements with guidance from the Executive Producer. Makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers for daily show development. EP is also responsible for insuring technical team and control room follow show instructions. Must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. Responsible for the oversight of daily rundown changes and work with the show director and production crew to block the newscast. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements, out-of-show teasing, show timing and field coordination. Must calmly deal with changes and breaking news during the show and ensure all content meets Newsmax Media Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Determine best news stories for the newscast and create daily rundown
· Work with show host in program preparation and execution
· Identify stories for provocative, compelling television
· Develop story ideas, research and plan segments
· Delegate responsibilities as appropriate to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors
· Supervise production staff
· Produce timely content under heavy deadline pressure
· Keep current of local events and politics
· Excel in a highly competitive environment
· Create compelling and provocative content including tease writing
· Exceptional editorial skills; attention to detail
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3+ years executive producing experience or overseeing newscast production
· Strong writing and organizational skills required as is the ability to produce content under heavy deadline pressure.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work on deadline.
· Attention to detail is must.
· Ability to collect and analyze data and information accuracy as well as follow through.
· Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Proactive and solutions focused.
· Professional appearance.
$150,000.00 - $180,000.00 /year