Proven experience in the secretary profession directly supporting an office environment with senior leadership personnel serving in the grades of SES/DISL or at the Flag Officer level.
Strong foundational knowledge and understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC).
Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity in all situations.
Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette to:
1. Facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements; and
2. Realize a positive customer oriented service experience by internal/external office personnel, customers, and visitors.
3. Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support of completing office administrative requirements.
Capable of independently handling a large, complex workload, effectively coordinating multiple resources, and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment having competing priorities.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to:
1. Articulate and exchange information (i.e., requirements, actions, needs, status, etc.) in a professional tone and attitude to achieve efficient business rhythms; and
2. Produce professionally written emails, letters, documents, and other material that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
Exceptional office and work organization skills that facilitates a neat and orderly presentation of the work environment and administrative activities. (Note: NGA has a clean desk policy that requires a clutter free work environment and the proper storage of working papers.)
Understanding of and prior experience in applying office protocol and staffing requirements at the senior leadership level.
Strong analytical skills to anticipate and proactively assist leadership personnel and staff with day-to-day business rhythms and administrative support requirements.
Able to independently apply mature judgment and initiative to determine approach and action to take in both routine and non-routine administrative situations.
Creative and innovative techniques for performing administrative responsibilities that enhances office workflow processes and business rhythms.
Interpret and adapt guidelines with minimal assistance, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation
Strong working knowledge of office information technology (IT) equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment) with the ability to independently operate such equipment in completing administrative tasks.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) with the ability to independently use these applications to efficiently complete office administrative tasks.
Proven self-starter with the ability to independently and accurately complete all assigned administrative work requirements.
Strong typing skills with the ability to type at a minimum of 45 words per minute (wpm).
Bachelor's Degree in General Business Administration and 8 years of secretary experience, with at minimum, 2 years of experience working in a senior level office.
Associate's Degree in General Business Administration and 10 years of secretary experience, with at minimum, 4 years of experience working in a senior level office.
High School Diploma and 14 years of administrative experience, with at minimum, 6 years of experience working in a senior level office.