Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At TD Garden, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering, restaurant services and retail operations for our partner, the NHL’s Boston Bruins and the NBA's Boston Celtics. We’re working behind the scenes and on the front lines – making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.
Are you an experienced and resourceful chef who holds your kitchen to a very high standard and knows how to train and motivate your staff to deliver a consistently great experience day after day? Whenever you see an opportunity to improve the customer experience, you can't help but take action! This role will offer the opportunity to create innovative menus and work closely with the Executive Chef to create truly memorable experiences for our guests!Responsibilities
- The successful associate will be responsible for assisting Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of all operations including game and non-game day events.
- Responsible for the overall management including supervising activities of supervisors, cooks and utility.
- Coordination and participation in kitchen operations is the main focus while monitoring food & labor costs.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department Regulations.
- Hire, train, manage, and retain great associates
- Seven years Culinary management experience. More specifically, experience as a banquet chef or executive sous chef in a high-volume operation. Experience in a sporting venue preferred.
- The ideal candidate is extremely reliable, detail-oriented, and proficient with all basic cooking techniques.
- Strong organizational, communication and computer skills.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Experience in high volume multi-unit operations is essential.
- Expertise with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.