About Us: IPIC Entertainment strives to be our guest’s favorite destination for a night out on the town. Our newest facilities blend three distinct areas – a polished-casual restaurant, a farm-to-glass full-service bar, and our world-class luxury theater auditoriums – into a one-of-a-kind experience. Our unique concept offers a multi-faceted experience of dining, drinking and watching a movie in a luxurious setting. It’s a great way to enjoy a night out, under one roof with friends, family and colleagues.
Executive Sous Chef
Accountable for food quality, consistency and production of all cuisines with in the property’s restaurant. Exhibits culinary talents by performing tasks while leading the staff and managing kitchen functions. Blends culinary creative talent, business acumen, teaching skills and a hospitality mindset to drive business results while building a high-performing team.
- Work with Executive Chef to manage inventory, preparation, presentation, safety and sanitation in theater kitchen.
- Supports an environment committed to outstanding Guest Experiences; participate in meetings (1:1, pre-shift meetings) with staff to maintain guest focus at all times.
- Ensures quality expectations are met in food preparation and presentation; focus on motivating cooks to prepare menu items in consistent manner.
- Follow recipes, plating standards and service standards to achieve positive guest feedback for food quality, temperature and plating.
- Manage performance of kitchen team; hold others accountable to IPIC standards and expectations; provide timely, supportive coaching when needed.
- Manage kitchen operations with comprehensive, detailed approach to food and beverage quality, safety, building maintenance, repairs, and sanitation/cleanliness.
- Participate in hiring decisions for hourly kitchen team; identify talent and make recommendations for internal promotions to Supervisor/Manager roles.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience as sous chef in large, complex operations with strong focus on food and beverage program, hospitality, and brand management. Progressive growth from hands-on, frontline roles to leadership preferred.
- 2 years’ experience mentoring team members on menu planning, controlling food cost, controlling labor costs and maintaining safety and sanitation.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Strong F&B experience and computer skills are required.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Provide leadership to kitchen team, using interpersonal and communication skills to teach, influence, and encourage others.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others by assessing skills and results; teach team members to prepare menu items with complete training on ingredients, preparation methods, and unique tastes.
- Create a strong team by communicating a common purpose, empowering team members to contribute their best, and recruiting candidates with a variety of skills and styles.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, self-confidence, and professional maturity.
- Good listener, patient in stressful situations and genuine in desire to resolve issues.
- Qualified to demonstrate proper preparation/cooking techniques for junior team members in need of hands-on instruction; firm but fair in providing feedback and communicating expectations.
- Demonstrate sound financial/business decision making using honesty and high integrity at all times.
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus opportunity.
- Company paid Life insurance and Short Term Disability insurance.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits.
- Discount Dining and Free Movie Tickets.
- Discounts through Life Mart and Tickets At Work.
IPIC Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.