Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission:To entertain the human race.
The executive sous chef is to assist the executive chef in handling all aspects of the kitchen operation to maintain and develop high quality food, and acts as a liaison between the restaurant and the hotel.All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Grand policies, practices, and procedures.
- Supervise food prop and presentation and ensure to maintain quality and proper presentation of food and drives the customer relation management system by ensuring that all such orders are handled correctly.
- Assist menu development and completion.
- Communicate with chefs, management, employees and guest efficiently with proper reporting and meetings.
- Understand P&L statements and maintains budgeted labor costs as well as potential food cost.
- Understand and utilize Stratton warren system properly for purchasing, release orders, and cost transfers. Must expedite all food order and ensure the proper inventory levels.
- Maintain a hygiene level above that required by the local health department and ensures that food sanitation, safety. And proper food handling functions are practiced on a daily basis.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 8 years of experience in a high volume, preferably strong food knowledge, preferably in a hotel and casino environment.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience with management responsibility.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Associate Degree in F&B and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.