Are you a self-motivated, service-oriented professional “foodie” with a true passion for the hospitality industry and for the arts? Are you looking to join a nationally recognized, innovative, stable company that offers a creative and entrepreneurial work environment with opportunities for career growth and advancement? If this describes you, apply now! Bring your determination, creativity, and management skills and join our team today!
Responsible for the daily operations of a single kitchen. In a way, the Executive Sous Chef is the first-in-command on a day-to-day basis, managing all other food preparation and utility employees, right from the sous chef to the pastry chef to the line cooks to the pot washers. Develops recipes from scratch with a high level of creativity with a personal flair and enjoys experimenting to alter menus or create new combinations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creates menus, designs and costs corresponding recipes and oversees the preparation of those recipes
- Manages all restaurant kitchen employees, including waiters, dishwashers and bussers, with an added focus on food runners
- Along with the Executive Chef, tracks the kitchen’s inventory, places orders, monitors equipment maintenance and condition
- Ensures that a kitchen operates alongside state and federal health and safety codes
- Responsible for tasting and modifying recipes to the menu specs as well as maintaining consistency with all recipes
- Leads the kitchen staff to success through adequate coaching, mentoring, training, and counseling.
- Maintains an organized and neat kitchen, plans ahead to work calmly in a high-pressure environment
- Supervises and prepares the daily preparation of soups, sauces, and specials to ensure that established methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are maintained as prescribed by standardized recipes.
- Ensures all foods and paper goods for restaurant services are ordered on a daily basis food for a la carte dining and banquets, including (but not limited to) meat, fish, poultry, dry storage and produce items.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of Sous Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Cooks, Utility and other kitchen Staff to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct, as well as the schedules for the receiver.
- Fills in as cook to relieve personnel; addresses absences or other temporary staff shortages and sees to it that adequate and capable supervisory staff is on duty in Executive Chef’s absence.
- Verifies Staff follows all recipes.
- Ensures the planning and managing of the Staff meal program is of the highest standard.
- Assists the Executive Chef in providing an Employee review for Staff on their anniversary date.
- Manage labor costs compared to revenue on a daily basis
- Set-up, breakdown and clean workstation according to established guidelines (to include recipe cards)
- Assume all duties and responsibilities as assigned by Executive Chef.
What we're looking for:
- Experienced in high end, large volume banquet and catering event execution.
- Minimum (2) two years direct cooking experience with (4) four of supervisory responsibilities.
- Someone who possess’ and demonstrates strong knowledge of food preparation and presentation.
- Possess and practice interpersonal communicating skills.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance.
- Must speak, read, write and understand fluent English.
- High School diploma or GED
CULINAIRE offers our associates an entrepreneurial atmosphere with continued growth and leadership opportunities along with a competitive base salary and monthly bonus program rewarding successful performance. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K with company match and paid time off.
We provide upscale food and beverage management services to a very diverse collection of national accounts to include cultural landmarks, hospitals, hotels, restaurant, special event venues, theaters and zoos. While out portfolio is diverse, the one constant in every operation that we manage is out total commitment to our associates to put their career path, safety and success as top priority, and to our client to provide top quality food product and service to our customers and guests.
CULINAIRE is a drug free environment, EOE and E-Verify Employer.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years