Do you have a passion for identifying risks? Are you practical thinker who’s driven to help others? This is your opportunity to give those passions and talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford.
The Hartford continues to expand its Large Property business unit, focusing on a broad range of occupancies, including municipalities, schools, healthcare, financial services, real estate and more. This Executive Underwriter will be based out of The Hartford’s New York City office, and be a primary relationship manager and point of contact for multiple large agents/brokers within an assigned territory.
The position will work as part of a growing team of Large Property underwriters to provide specialized underwriting, insurance coverage and risk management services supporting the continued profitable growth of the dedicated practice. Working in a team environment, this position will collaborate to complete new and renewal business production underwriting, service accounts, identify key large property agents/brokers, implement sales and marketing activities and demonstrate a strong customer focus and thorough understanding of The Hartford Large Property unit’s appetite and strategy.
Sales & Underwriting
- Produces and Underwrites profitable new and renewal large property related business
- Adheres to high standards of quality and underwriting procedures and guidelines, applying all applicable line of business underwriting guidelines when making decisions.
- Develops a deep understanding of applicable Hartford products and service
- Develops strong producer relationships and manages the relationships of some of The Hartford’s largest producers in the Central Region
- Establishes and maintains account pipeline, and supports the sales process, including planning, operating routines and monitoring for the large property line of business.
- Generates cross-sell opportunities and actively sources opportunities for other team members. Manages cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across team and with other business units.
- Knows The Hartford’s value proposition to best position the team for success; is professionally demanding and understands accountability for results.
- Analyzes individual book on quarter-to-quarter basis and recommends potential actions.
- Typically manages high volume of total written premium and adheres to territorial production goals.
Has thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and governance.
- Creates, drives and executes on strategies for new and/or renewal accounts (prospective book management, executing on territorial and agency sales plans, etc.).
- Effectively provides excellent account management service of assigned territory through strategic planning and operational excellence.
- Ensures the consistent delivery and execution of service process; tailoring a service plan for each client based on needs.
- Positively impacts and influences final account pricing and terms, successfully selling the proposal.
- Consults and provides solutions.
- Responsible for, or influences retention.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to agency, managing the book of business and taking the lead in communicating strategy and decisions.
- Consults with agents/brokers to answer questions regarding coverage, explain processes and directs agents to appropriate resources within The Hartford based on their unique needs.
- Directs, coordinates and takes ownership for identified service issues.
- Is highly familiar with how service operates; makes recommendations and provides feedback to service partners to improve overall customer experience.
- BA/BS required or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum 7+ years P&C underwriting experience; Large Property underwriting and marketing experience required as well as strong relationships with Brokers in the region.
- CPCU, ARM or other relevant professional insurance designations/certifications preferred.
- Current relationships with key producers and strong market knowledge.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders while demonstrating a positive, service-oriented approach.
- Superior technical knowledge, proven presentation and decision making abilities.
- Strong relationship management skills, with ability to build new relationships in order to take advantage of opportunities to increase market share through penetration.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.
- Operate under the mindset of The Hartford’s Behaviors: Delivers Outcomes, Operate as a Team Player, Build Strong Partnerships and Strive for Excellence.
***This position may be filled at a different level, depending on experience***
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job Middle Market Specialty UW
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting:Mar 12, 2019, 7:04:22 AM
Remote Worker Option:No