Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the implementation of exercise prescriptions for patients enrolled in the cardiac rehabilitation program based on risk stratification, patient history, functional ability, and patient goals.
2. Performs daily patient assessments regarding exercise capacity and adapts the exercise prescription based on that assessment.
3. Safely supervises multiple patients’ using various pieces of equipment. Maintains exercise equipment in working order.
4. Evaluates patient and families needs for lifestyle modification based on a through assessment of risk factors and lifestyle behaviors. Able to measure achievement related to patient goals and outcomes.
5. Participates in the development of educational materials/presentations for patients and/or significant others.
6. Participates in team meetings and communicates with other team members regarding patient needs and progress.
7. Documents and provides feedback on patient progress. Prepares and maintains required reports and statistics.
8. Provides exercise guidelines for patients to follow at home. 9. Maintains exercise equipment in working order.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. BS in Exercise Physiology, Masters preferred.
2. Current ACLS certification.
3. Five years of experience with a multi-phase cardiac rehabilitation program
4. Three years of progressive management experience.
5. Experience in patient teaching, outcomes measures and performance improvement.
6. Strong interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
7. ACSM certification preferred. Knowledge of current guidelines, requirements, and recommendations from AACVPR and ACSM.