Join UChicago Medicine as an Exercise Physiologist. - Cardiac Rehab
In this role as an Exercise Physiologist, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of comprehensive programs for patients referred to cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation.
At the University of Chicago Medicine, our physical therapy and rehabilitation department offer services that specialize in the treatment of injuries and disorders — particularly those sustained by trauma, orthopaedic or neurological injury, burns, cancer or wounds. Highly skilled therapists design unique treatment plans for each individual's rehabilitation needs. Working with physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers and other health professionals, we share a team approach to patient care.
Essential Job Functions
- Duties include supervising patient exercise sessions to ensure safe and effective treatments
- Educate patients regarding proper exercise techniques and health fitness topics to facilitate a decrease in participants’ cardiac risk factors
- Develop plans to increase independence with skills for management of disease and associated symptoms, and an increase in functional capacity
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology is required; Master's degree preferred
- Possess knowledge of exercise physiology, nutrition, risk factor modification strategies, counseling techniques and use of educational programs and technologies as applied to cardiopulmonary rehabilitation services
- One year experience in exercise programming, supervision and education of cardiopulmonary rehab patients desirable
- Basic computer skills to allow access to operations and patient monitoring necessary
- Physical ability to demonstrate exercise techniques required
- Exercise Specialist Certification with the American College of Sports Medicine
- BLS/ACLS certification required
- Job Type/FTE: 0.6 FTE
- Shift: Day 8 Hr
- Unit/Department: Physical Therapy
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 24 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the first shift, from approximately 10:00 am - 4:30 pm. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the Hyde Park campus. The days of the week that you are scheduled will typically be Monday - Friday.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.