As an Exercise Physiologist, you will impact the mission of Children’s Health by monitoring heart rhythm patterns of patients to detect abnormal pattern variances, using telemetry equipment.
Specifically, you will:
- You’ll review patient information to determine normal heart rhythm pattern, current pattern, and prior variances.
- You’ll also observe the cardiac monitor, listen for alarms to identify abnormal variations in heart rhythm, monitor and listen for alarms to identify an acute change in oxygen saturations, and inform supervisor or nurse of variances to initiate examination of patient.
- Operate/troubleshoot equipment used for basic job functions; assist with care and maintenance of equipment and supplies as needed; and perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Perform diagnostic procedures and clerical responsibilities, including: electrocardiogram, arrhythmia monitoring, and stress tests.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm w/ rotating late shifts to 5pm (1 wk/ mth)
Primary location is Dallas, with possible travel to Plano
- EKG/telemetry experience required
- Successful completion of Children's cardiac arrhythmia course, passing grade on EKG test and demonstrated competency in rhythm analysis within 30 days of hire required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience required
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- CPR/BLS for healthcare provider required
- ACSM certification preferred
Children’s Health values the role each member of our team plays in helping us make life better for children. We employ more than 7,500 people and provide rewarding career opportunities that help them reach their highest potential.
We also hold Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence, we serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and we are widely recognized for delivering high quality care.
Children’s Health has also been named one of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Healthcare for nine consecutive years.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Children’s Health offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for learning and career development. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, and our team members have a voice in their work through surveys and town halls.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Activation Date: Thursday, January 14, 2021
Expiration Date: Sunday, December 12, 2021