Penn Medicine Princeton Health is a leading provider of healthcare services. As a respected nonprofit, community teaching health system, we offer compassionate care supported by advanced technologies and an outstanding medical staff. Over 97% of our physicians have achieved board certification, the hallmark of professional excellence. Through our academic and clinical affiliations with institutions including The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, we are setting new standards in diagnostic and treatment protocols and achieving successful clinical outcomes for our patients. Princeton Health is Redefining Care through our commitment to delivering an exceptional level of clinical care and individualized caring for each and every patient. Princeton Health is now part of the Penn Medicine Health System which strives to achieve its three part mission; patient care, education and research. Working for this leading academic health system means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines. Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently searching for a Full Time, Days, Exercise Phisiologist at Princeton Medical Center, Cardiac Rehab Unit.
Position Summary: The Exercise Physiologist will assist nursing staff in the rehabilitation of outpatient cardiac and pulmonary patients. They will function as a resource for staff and patients in the area of exercise physiology and exercise techniques. They will also assist the primary nursing staff in the execution of the patient care plans for education, behavior modification and assist in the conduction of exercise sessions.
All Princeton Health employees are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- BS in Exercise Physiology or related field
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Experience in exercising older adult population
- Experience in writing and modification of exercise prescriptions
- Clinical experience in the area of Cardiac or Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Able to read and write English and communicate fluently in English, Basic EKG monitoring skills, competent in use of Word, and other basic computer skills, possesses excellent communication skills.
- Pushing/Pulling (up to 50 pounds) - Occasionally
- Experience in individual patient education/group education preferred
Join the Princeton Health family and be a part of Redefining Care in our community!
Princeton Health is a qualified employer under the rules of the Government Public Service Loan Forgiveness program & an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V.