Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the states largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterians story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexicos history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
Type of Opportunity: Per Required Need
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Location: Presbyterian Healthplex
* Bachelor Degree
* Exercise Science
Group exercise, ACSM PT, certification preferred.
Less than one year experience in a health related setting.
BLS Certification required within 30 days of hire
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Rehab Achieving Results: Supports organizational and department business objectives by providing standardized, evidence-based care that contributes to achieving optimal outcomes and patient experiences
* REHAB EXER ACTIVITIES: Participates in Process Improvement activities.
* REHAB EXER BEHAVIOR: Demonstrates caring behaviors when interacting with patients/families/visitors/coworkers while performing activities.\n
* REHAB EXER COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with the clinical/management team as well as patient/significant others to promote optimal and realistic outcomes
* REHAB EXER DIVERSITY: Recognizes, appreciates, responds appropriately to cultural, spiritual, gender, race, ethnicity, life>* REHAB EXER LEARNING: Assists with continuous learning of patients/families/visitors/coworkers, using formal and informal processes as applicable and at an appropriate level of understanding
* REHAB EXER RESOURCES: Understands and appropriately utilizes the Presbyterian and community systems, resources, tools and equipment needed to perform job responsibilities. Assists management and clinical teams with member/patient care and other departmental duties
* REHAB EXER SPEC PERFORM: Performs standard work for Exercise Specialists in the Wellness and Cardiopulmonary Rehab Departments and is able to prioritize appropriately and escalate concerns to appropriate clinical/management individuals or team. Understands indications, contraindications, physiological effects and appropriate application of all exercise machine, equipment and clinical apparatus appropriate to Exercise Specialist level as per competency check lists
* Rehab Patient Advocacy: Works on behalf of the patients/significant others in representing their concerns and helping resolve ethical and clinical issues that impact the patients situation
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies. \n
* SKILL-Written communication
Develops, implements, and evaluates exercise prescriptions for healthy and special populations. Provides one on one consultation to a variety of program participants regarding exercise and health behaviors.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Competitive salaries<\ i="">
Full medical, dental and vision insurance<\ i="">
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)<\ i="">
Free wellness programs<\ i="">
Paid time off (PTO)<\ i="">
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions<\ i="">
Continuing education and career development opportunities<\ i="">
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs<\ i=""><\ l="">
About New Mexico
New Mexicos unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich life>
Santa Fes artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nations best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplingers Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active life>
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.