Piedmont ASC is a recently acquired outpatient surgery center in Greensboro, SC.
We are looking for a meticulous experiencedcertified sterile processing technician to be responsible for the sterilization and cleaning of medical equipment, instruments, and supplies. The Sterile Processing Technician's responsibilities include retrieving contaminated supplies and delivering sterile supplies, maintaining inventory, and preparing sterile instrument trays for surgeries, examinations, and procedures.
To be a successful Sterile Processing Technician, you should be meticulous with strong attention to detail. You should have a good working knowledge of a variety of sterilization techniques and be able to work with fragile equipment.
Sterile Processing Technician Responsibilities:
- Collecting used and contaminated equipment, instruments, and supplies for sorting and decontamination.
- Manually cleaning supplies of contaminants, removing waste matter, and operating and maintaining decontamination equipment.
- Preparing and packing decontaminated supplies for sterilization.
- Monitoring and operating sterilization equipment.
- Examining supplies meticulously to ensure they are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Testing and reporting any issues or problems with the sterilization equipment.
- Sterilizing, preparing, wrapping, and organizing equipment into instrument trays for use during medical procedures.
- Preparing and delivering all necessary equipment and instruments for surgeries, examinations, medical procedures, and medical carts.
- Maintaining records of sterilization procedures, sterilized items, equipment maintenance, and supplies.
- Controlling the inventory, reordering supplies, and checking expiration dates.
Sterile Processing Technician Requirements:
- A High School diploma or equivalent and Certification in Sterile Processing and Distribution.
- A clear background check and proof of up-to-date immunizations.
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on the job.
- Passion for keeping people safe.
- Good judgment and critical-thinking skills.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to handle fragile equipment.
- Technical skills and familiarity with sterilization techniques.
- The ability to work well in a team or independently.
- Must be a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years experience as Instrument Room Technician.
- Experience with all types of sterilizers.
- Knows operating room instrumentation.
- Organized in setting up operating room instrument tray.
- Understands operation of steam/ gravity sterilizer.
- Understands Sterrad sterilizers.
- Ability to prepare reports and keep records.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.