COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for electric power generation projects worldwide.
Nuclear power has been a core competency of Sargent & Lundy since 1954. We have proven capabilities in nuclear project engineering, design, and project management and our leading-edge services address today's emerging issues with highly effective solutions for both new nuclear unit design and upgrades to existing plants.
We can offer you outstanding career opportunities in nuclear power technologies working for a first class group of clients.
Our Core ValuesWe are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of nuclear power plant electrical systems.
You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues, which include the following:
- Assist the project lead to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget
- Serve as liaison to the client
- Prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase power studies, short circuit, voltage drop, motor starting, and protective relay settings
- Prepare documentation for design input for drawing production
- Prepare technical reports and studies
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculation and drawing preparation
- Develop project work plans
- Enhance your career via peer learning through knowledge sharing with other engineering professionals in a variety of learning and career development activities
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- BSEE (MSEE preferred)
- Five or more years of experience in the design of electrical engineering systems in a project team environment with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing plants
- Nuclear power project experience is required
- Experience in the selection of equipment, materials control philosophy, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications
- Electrical systems design experience, including medium and low voltage distribution systems (transformers, generators, motors), communication systems, equipment selection, and analytical calculations
- Experience in reviewing drawings.Effective written and verbal communication skills
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.