North Star Staffing Solutions, Inc. specializes in offering our clients an effective and efficient method to hire perfect fit experienced and leadership professionals nationwide.
Based in San Francisco, this Executive Assistant 1 will provide support to the Executive Leader of the Consumer Financial Services Team. The successful candidate will be an organized, self-starter with a minimum of 8+ years of related experience supporting an executive in a fast-paced business. The individual must demonstrate the ability to work with confidential information and exhibit a high degree of trustworthiness.
The position requires an assistant who is anticipatory, resourceful and can work autonomously, take initiative and demonstrate excellent follow through. Candidate must be a team player, exhibit strong interpersonal skills, and possess the ability to manage complex assignments. Candidate must be comfor with multi-tasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Handling phone calls and/or selectively referring callers and correspondence directed to the business manager from customers, vendors and others
- Performs heavy calendaring, some word processing, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet functions which may include graphs and s.
- Organizes meeting preparation by providing detailed data, information and resources to leader and participants
- May interact with shareholders, regulatory agents/representatives, media representatives etc.
- Responsible for drafting complex and/or confidential correspondence.
- Establishes and implements office procedures and controls.
- Works closely with Chief of Staff to ensure office is in order, in addition to directing the work of other administrative staff.
- Assists with budgetary planning balancing general ledger lines and/or expense accounts researching general ledger issues
- Acts as an information source on group and company policies
- Responsible for facilities support, floor administration, space planning.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to juggle extensive travel, multiple meetings, calendar shift and conflicts.
- Be an independent decision maker who is extremely focused
- Can balance being firm gatekeeper while also being a welcoming team player with a willingness to find solutions.
- Be flexible to work outside of standard hours as overtime and travel may be required.
- Possess a willingness to stay connected via Blackberry, remote access, etc.
- A seasoned partner willing to understand the business and anticipate business needs.
- Exude an executive presence and exhibits professionalism and composure in stressful situations.
- Strives to continuously improve operations and open to feedback from others.
- 5+ years administrative support experience.
- Prior experience supporting senior level leaders/executives.
- Prior experience managing multiple calendars using Outlook.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and always changing environment.
- Ability to anticipate issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Strong Microsoft Office program experience.
- Excellent computer skills highly experienced in Windows including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience with SharePoint helpful.
- Typing skills of 60 wpm.
- Strong attention to detail able to manage multiple-step procedures and handle frequent interruptions in work flow.
- Experience working in a large complex organization
- Project management experience
- Ability to certify and review General Ledger Solution oriented problem solver
- Demonstrates a sense of fun and team spirit
- Financial industry experience.
- Experience working with remote business leaders.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.