We are a long-standing, well respected otolaryngology practice located in Fort Worth. We are seeking an experienced, team oriented medical assistant for a full time position. We are looking for a person who is a self starter, well organized, dependable, with excellent communication skills. Otolaryngology experience is a plus, but not required to apply for the position, but we are looking for an intelligent, self-motivated individual who is a quick learner, fluent in medical terminology, great communication skills and who possesses proficient computer skills (we use the electronic health records system ALLMEDS). Must be extremely well organized, able to multitask and detail orients with experience in medical scheduling.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Check in Patients, manage referrals, verify insurance
- Schedules appointments and manages schedule
- Answers phones & Triages calls
- Performs Prescription and Diagnostic Authorizations
- Transcribes phone messages into computerized documentation systems
- Monitors, records and communicates patient treatment as appropriate, utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Carries out physician orders
- Assists physicians and supports other nursing staff/Rooms patients, collects vitals, records patient histories when asked
- Must have current MA license
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position and why you feel you would be a good fit. Attach your response to this posting. If you are passionate about great patient care and want to work in an atmosphere with like-minded individuals dedicated to working together to create an exceptional patient experience, please apply for this position.