Indiana’s premium-quality meat provider Honey Creek Packaging, LLC is now hiring for our processing facility in N.W. Indianapolis. At Honey Creek Packaging we strive for excellence by setting the bar higher than anyone in the state in terms of quality, reliability, and distinction. Come be a part of this ever-growing company and gain experience and grow in the world of protein.
We are looking for experienced meat cutters with the drive to seek new knowledge and to be part of a strong team of experienced associates. Positive teamwork, communication, and consistency are very important to our team. You will be working closely with the whole team every day.
Full-time wages start between $13.50-$19.00 per hour based on experience plus performance-based wage increases every 180 days.
• This position requires at least one year of meat processing experience. This includes time as a Butcher, Meat cutter at a grocery store or Breaking beef.
• Must be at least 18 years of age, and legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Must be drug and alcohol-free.
• Must be able to stand/walk for 9 hours a day.
• Must be able to withstand 35-45 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift 50-60lb regularly and 80-100lb occasionally.
• Must be available for overtime, and occasionally working 6 days a week.
• Knowledge of Beef/Pork cuts.
• Experience using a knife and various meat processing machinery.
• Good attitude.
• Team player.
• Willingness to learn new cuts, and new ways to cut.
• Ability to practice good attendance.
• Knowledge of safe handling guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Cutting, and trimming Beef/Pork products with knives and band saw.
• Operating various processing machines like tenderizers, grinders, saws, cranes, etc.
• Light packaging and boxing.
• Maintaining a clean, and safe work area.
• Performing quality checks of all meats produced.
• Performing various other tasks outlined by your supervisors on a day to day basis.
• Following all company safety guidelines.
• Following all safe handling guidelines.
HCP believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of HCP to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, background, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualification and business needs.