Looking for mechanics for in our shop to repair and maintain heavy constructionequipment such as excavators, haul trucks, loaders, graders, paving machines etc. Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects. Test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Generous PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) match and much more.
- High School diploma; Trade School (2 yr degree) preferred.
- Continuing education with verifiable credits from Manufacturer's technical schools or training programs.
- Must be able to successfully hold certifications for MSHA, First Aid/ CPR, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of Volvo Construction Equipment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs service tasks as they may be assigned by the service manager or the shop manager.
- Keeps tracks of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributors.
- Reports each repair job at the end of each shift, providing the following information: Customers name, make and model of unit, serial number, hours worked, details of work performed, problems encountered (if any), time required, parts, equipment & supplies used.
- Brings to the attention of the Shop Manager any additional work required on unit.
- Utilize great technical skills to perform hydraulic and electronic tests, also using VCAD's computer programming for diagnostics and parameter settings.
- Analyze and utilize schematic diagrams and technical manuals.
- Utilize strong organizational and customer service skills to order parts and provide quotes for clients.
- Keeps immediate shop area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Notifies shop superintendent/foreman if shop equipment or vehicle is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
- Returns tools to crib or tool box at the end of each shift in a clean, working condition ready for the next man to use.
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Practice inter-personal skills to maintain a positive relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as prescribed by the shop superintendent from time to time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and/or pulling; climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant finger dexterity necessary.
- Ability to lift 90 lbs.
- Requires work to be performed outdoors in various climates/temperatures.
- This position is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles and moderate noise levels..
Job offer is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test and WorkSTEPS FCT.
McClung-Logan Equipment Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.