Energy & Industrial Group
Sargent & Lundy’s clients in the energy and industrial markets recognize us as a global leader in coal and gas power generation, plant design, advanced technologies, environmental compliance, mid-stream and downstream oil & gas and multi-disciplined industrial projects.
We provide comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for energy and industrial markets worldwide. Sargent & Lundy’s professional and highly experienced staff has the ability and know-how to take on the smallest of tasks to scope-intensive, complex projects. If you are interested in this type of dynamic work, consider joining the Sargent & Lundy team.
- As a member of the mechanical design team, this position will offer you the opportunity to work with multi-disciplined engineering and design project teams in developing mechanical physical layout drawings in a 3-D model
- Challenging assignments that include the design of mechanical systems, and investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of mechanical design issues
- Utilize 3D modeling software tools to generate mechanical design schematics
- Participate in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of an integrated mechanical design model
- Provide support to other designers and project team members in order to ensure a complete and timely design
- Independently and as a member of a design team, plan and execute mechanical design deliverables, such as general arrangements, piping isometrics, piping composites, pipe support drawings, and equipment location drawings
- There may be the opportunity to accompany and assist senior designers and engineers in field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities
- Provide guidance to others in the use of drafting tools, and also as a mentor in the development of less experienced drafters and designers
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate's Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 1 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience
- Four or more years of detailed physical design experience in the development of mechanical general arrangements, piping systems, and supports
- Proficiency with design software tools in executing 3D plant layout models
- Experience in the review of mechanical equipment, including outlines and interface points, and coordinating and developing the associated deliverables
- Ability to interface with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the power plant design process
Valued but not required experience:
- Proficiency with MicroStation
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.