Resurgens Atlanta is seeking a medical assistant to join our amazing staff. MA will help assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a RN. Interview patients, measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients. Assist patient through pre-op careincluding prepping, dressing removal, and cast removal. Assist RN in PACU and pain area as required.
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Assist colleagues intime-efficiency by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; and preparing charts and pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or related certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in ASC setting