Pay Range: DOE+ benefits
Experienced medical biller needed for busy clinic; great practice and team! You'll be the only medical biller so you must be able to work independently. If you qualify, send your resume to email@example.com today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining prompt and punctual attendance.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA.
- Accurately notating patient accounts, posting payments, and review of debits and credits to accounts.
- Contact insurance companies and case managers to determine eligibility and coverage for care prescribed on current script or progress report.
- Familiar with reading EOBs and pre-certifications and authorizations.
- Using attention to detail and good time management skills to finish daily tasks on time, and integrate other assigned duties/tasks.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Experience in Athena EMR
- Prior knowledge of medical billing & coding, pre-certification protocols and experience in insurance is required.
- Direct experience in medical, clinical or administrative office for 1-2 years is required, 2-3 years is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED