The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is looking for an Organizational Development & Training Professional to join our Human Resources team. If you're an experienced OD&T professional who wants to act as a change agent in a mission driven environment apply to this position now.
The OD&T Professional will participate in and contribute to projects that implement key strategies for creating and sustaining a high performing organization and actively support continuous improvement and change management within the organization aligned with corporate priorities.
The successful candidate's primary responsibilities will involve assessing organizational performance and learning needs relative to desired business results and successfully designing and leading effective OD and learning interventions working with company leaders and HR business partners. Expected knowledge includes:
- familiarity with current models and theory for optimal organizational performance
- best practices in learning design and delivery
- the ability to translate this knowledge into practical results
- ability to lead and facilitate training, meetings, discussions, and team building sessions
The job will require the OD&T professional to understand and drive strategic objectives and execute day-to-day/hands-on requirements, and to be capable of working multiple projects with a broad range of staff across the laboratory.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Organizational Performance assessment, adult learning theory, instructional systems design, curriculum development, organizational development concepts/models/tools and change management theory.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint).
- Demonstrated excellent project and time-management/prioritization skills, .
- Availability for domestic travel on occasion when required to support the OD&T team mission
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in Organizational Development or related fields and a minimum of six years of relevant organizational development and training experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university with coursework in Organizational Development and training or related fields and a minimum of four years of organizational development and training experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in Organizational Development or related fields and a minimum of nine years of relevant organizational development and training experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university with coursework in Organizational Development and training or related fields and a minimum of seven years of organizational development and training experience
Job Preferred Skills
- Experience working in HR as an OD or Learning Specialist.
- Demonstrated experience providing consultation to all levels of HR and Management on HR related topics including employee and leadership development, organizational change and leadership programs.
- Experience leading needs-analysis and design efforts,
- Experience facilitating the implementation of a broad range of change management, coaching/mentoring, and organizational, personal and team assessments
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs at all organization levels.
- Experience designing and facilitating leadership training.
- Experience facilitating leadership team meetings, focus groups, work processes, project meetings and diagnosing and developing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly earn and maintain credibility with customers internal and external to HR.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and analytical skills.