The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is looking for an experienced Radiological Controls Technician (RCT) to work at the Knolls Laboratory in Niskayuna, NY. The RCT will perform work associated with preparation, assembly, configuration, operation, maintenance, and decommissioning of testing and production facilities, consistent with qualifications and assigned job task. The RCT position offers hands on experience in an industrial work environment including the performance of radiological surveys in support of Site operations, overview of radiological work evolutions, and emergency response. The RCT must uphold the radiological standards during the performance of work, use resources efficiently, and work independently using effective decision making skills.
The successful candidate will need to qualify as an RCT in the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). The qualification will include requalification as an NNPP RCT if necessary including specific site orientation and training.
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of ten years of relevant experience; or
- Associate degree in a related field or Journeyman’s Papers and a minimum of six years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor degree in a related field and a minimum of two years of relevant experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of thirteen years of relevant experience; or
- Associate degree in a related field or Journeyman’s Papers and a minimum of nine years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor degree in a related field or a minimum of five years of relevant experience
Job Preferred Skills
Current or previous experience as a NNPP 108 qualified Radiological Controls Technician.