Are you a talented welder spending your time in a low paying flat and horizontal weld application shop? Ever thought you could take your skills to the next level where your talent would be recognized and financially rewarded? Consider a career upgrade at Manitowoc Cranes.
With the production of some of the world’s largest self-propelled cranes now in Shady Grove, PA, Manitowoc is looking for skilled welders who are or have been qualified in 3G GMAW/FCAW using carbon steel materials for pipe or plate or have 5 or more years’ experience as a 2G GMAW/FCAW welder in an industrial environment.
Manitowoc offers a competitive benefit package, including, medical, dental, vision, matching 401K contributions, and one of the highest hourly pay packages in the tristate area for those who qualify. If this is you, and you are looking to improve your options and your pay; consider a career change to Manitowoc Cranes.
With salaries starting between %2418.73 - %2423.77 / hour, %241000 signing / retention bonus, and relocation compensation up to %243000 for experienced welders, don’t let this opportunity pass you by. Experienced Welders only need apply.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preheating and/or post heating of parts using proper preheating procedures and the use of temp sticks as well as inter-pass temperatures, as well as using required and furnished electrical and/or gas equipment and following prescribed or standard practices.
- Demonstrate a high degree of cosmetic acceptability in all welding operations.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Utilization of gas heating and burning equipment to cut and/or fit parts.
- Detection and reporting of defective material, faulty operations and unusual conditions to proper supervision and quality personnel.
- Pressure pipe welding in areas where required.
- Operation of machine assisted weld equipment in buildings where required.
- Maintain weld qualification by using the process at least once in a six month period.
- Other duties as determined by supervision.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to read tape measure and blue prints.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is located on the production shop floor, in multiple buildings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, reach, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Incumbent will work in a typical fabrication environment including the use of solvents, adhesives, hydraulic oil, petroleum products, etc. There is frequent lifting and/or moving of up to 50 pounds.
Education amp; Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Certification in overhead crane operations
- Must be fully certified or previously certified in 3G GMAW/FCAW processes using carbon steel materials for pipe or plate OR have 5 or more years of experience as a 2G GMAW/FCAW welder in an industrial environment.
- Certification for pressure pipe welding in areas where the process is part of the normal job duties.
Health amp; Safety Requirements:
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Perform job functions in a safe manner.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required by Company Policy for the job being performed.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide safety and health procedures and rules.
- Actively participate in safety and health training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those you can.
- Eye examination prior to being assigned to a welding position and periodic eye exams every three (3) years thereafter while in a welding position as part of the maintenance of qualification to perform welding. Minimum acceptable vision requirements are near-distance acuity in at least one eye such that the individual is capable of reading a minimum of Jaeger Number 2 or equivalent type and size letter at a distance of not less than 12 inches on a standard Jaeger test chart.
- Specific vision abilities include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Possess basic computer skills such as working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with assembly and fabrication practices.
* Manitowoc is a standalone cranes business, creating market leading lifting solutions and manufacturing a range of innovative products and unparalleled product support services. Manitowoc’s strong brand signals our industry leadership, provides a competitive edge, and builds on our reputation for excellence. Since 1902, the vision of Manitowoc’s founding fathers has made Manitowoc a strong, respected global organization throughout the world. Today, The Manitowoc Way culture promotes innovation and velocity to better compete in an ever-changing world and we are poised for success in the crane industry for many years to come. Whether lifting solutions require crawler, boom, telescoping, or tower cranes, Manitowoc’s ingenuity will be there to Build Something Real for its customers, investors, employees, and partners.
EOE / DISABLED / VETERANUnited States-PA-Shady GroveGrove US, LLC