Interested in being on the cutting edge of technology? If so, come help us transform the healthcare industry using AI and predictive analytics. EPSi, an Allscripts company, is currently seeking a strong hands-on Expert Quality Engineer to help us validate our state-of-the-art, next generation Cloud based platform.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to work in an exciting environment that will enable you to use your passion, experience, and skills to help change healthcare for the better? If so, we would love to speak with you. We hire the best people, and help them grow professionally, ensuring a bright future for our teams and our clients.
The primary purpose of this role is to help ensure product quality through the planning and execution of modern testing techniques. This person should have extensive experience automating products using a variety of technologies. Depending on the need and skill level there may be leadership dimensions to this role.
- Develop efficient and effective automation code using modern coding techniques (currently using Ruby)
- Define comprehensive product/process quality strategies aligned with project scope and timeline
- Direct, monitor, and ensure adherence to the full range of quality lifecycle activities in collaboration with project/program management
- Help define and institutionalize testing processes, tools, and development methodologies and guidelines across the organization
- Review product quality trends; evaluate gaps and how they can be improved; propose ROI-based approaches to address
- Produce reports that are clear, effective, insightful, and traceable
- Escalate concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way
- Knowledgeable in defect prevention and associated tools and methodologies
- Participate in defect reviews or other project efforts, providing clear status when needed
- Participates in identifying requirements for and advising on the procurement of newer technologies and techniques
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience required
- 5+ years of test automation or development experience
- A positive self-starter, ability to pick up concepts and functionality quickly, willingness to embrace change
- Extensive Test Automation experience (current coding in Ruby)
- Experience developing and implementing Test Automation frameworks
- Applied knowledge of Agile concepts
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Experience Testing Cloud based applications
- Understanding of BDD and TDD concepts
- Proactively maintain awareness of test and/or quality tools, processes and standards in the industry to improve product or process quality
- Previous leadership experience desired
- AI/Machine Learning - Ability to validate algorithms and work through complex calculations desired
- Good working knowledge of ETL concepts and data validation techniques desired
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GL, Budgeting, Cost Accounting) is desired
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans