Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join Nike’s Enterprise Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
The Expert Information and Data Architect will provide leadership in architectural planning and solution delivery across multiple domains/ solution areas, contributing to the future success ofthe business through innovations in technology.
A person in this role will be responsible for leading opportunity identification and analysis, problem definition, and overseeing the development and deployment of advanced information and data design practices within the Enterprise Architecture organization.
This role, along with engineering leaders within Data and Analytics will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching data strategy and architecture that will align investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics and a unique ability to provide strategic advantage for Nike through innovative solutions.
- Build and implement the architecture strategy for enterprise information and data management
- Manage end-to-end data and integration design for all key business domains
- Partner with Application, Data and Analytics Engineering leadership to establish an information architectural plan across multiple solution areas
- Architect and design solutions for data quality, reliability and data governance
- Own conceptual data models and align and review logical data models, API definitions and analytical data products for consistency and completeness.
- Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data governance, data quality and stewardship
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management
- 6 years providing design leadership to technical, business & cross-functional teams
- 8 years in hands-on application, data, integration or analytics engineering
- Strong understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing,
- Strong experience building end-to-end solutions with focus on data and integration
- A solid understanding and experience with data integration, data APIs and data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party systems
- Experience implementing data management solutions for non-technical data stewards and business owners
- Familiarity with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)