Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to install, implement, configure, upgrade, and optimize the performance of application systems and databases required to operate Allscripts’ software Development and QA environments.
- Collaborate with other senior engineers to design and implement functional networks.
- Independently learn and implement new technologies.
- Work within a prescribed ITSM process.
- Install and configure network equipment.
- Mentor junior engineers and delegate tasks to them.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents and problems.
- Reports to the Director of Network Infrastructure.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BS degree in Information Science/Computer Science/Software Engineering/Business preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience
- Certification(s) desired (ACMA, ACMP, ACE-A, or ACE-P)
- 5+ years of data center OR wireless focus.
- 4+ years of Arista switching OR Aruba wireless.
- 2+ years of experience with Arista Cloudvision OR Aruba Airwave.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Python scripting or similar.
- Spine/Leaf design and operation.
- Linux experience
- Firewall experience
- 8+ years of related experience in LAN and WLAN.
- 5+ years of routing experience with a focus in BGP
- 2+ years of experience with Arista switches OR Cisco Nexus 9K OR Aruba wireless.
- 2+ years of experience with data center networking OR wireless networking
- Ability to lead projects and execute tasks both independently and within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to mentor and knowledge share with junior engineers.
- Ability to create technology and process documentation in tools such as Visio and Excel.
- High attention to detail.
- 10% travel
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans