Job ID#: 22644BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Export Controls Leader - Technology
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems (GA-ASI) has an exciting opportunity for an Export Controls Leader – Technology to join our International Trade Compliance (ITC) organization at our Poway, California location and lead efforts to enhance its licensing and compliance processes with respect to sensitive technology. The successful candidate will have excellent export controls subject matter expertise as well as strong experience in process improvement and project management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the GA-ASI Director for International Trade Compliance, this position will serve as focal point at GA-ASI for export licensing and compliance initiatives related to advanced and sensitive technology.
- Serves as lead in drafting Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) and technical data licenses to support technology collaboration efforts, as well as Commodity Jurisdiction and Commodity Classification submissions to clarify the correct level of controls on ASI technology.
- Interfaces closely with program leadership, engineering, government relations, and other key stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements to assure the highest quality of license applications and submissions.
- Provides leadership for compliance initiatives relating to the protection of technology and technical data, including export classification, technology control plans, foreign visitor management, technical data control, and the implementation of automated tools to support such activities.
- Provides project management oversight for ASI ITC initiatives within this scope to assure milestones are met and initiatives are supported the right way.
- Provides leadership in identifying issues, developing solution and providing guidance to senior management to ensure compliance processes support business objectives.
- Monitors the ASI licensing activities, maintain relevant KPIs and metrics, and identify opportunities for process optimization.
- Enhances the quality of the company’s trade data by improving processes that generate data, especially classification and determination of technical data jurisdiction.
- Attends program reviews and business development meetings to provide regulatory policy guidance.
- Displays political acumen and strong collaboration skills to bring together multiple stakeholder functions in support of needed change.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field and ten or more years progressively complex experience with a Bachelors or eight or more years progressive experience with a Masters, in import/export administration.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Demonstrate a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of trade compliance principles, concepts, and practices as well as management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordination workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex management and technical problems, serve as spokesperson on assigned projects and/or programs, and provide leadership and direction to assigned staff.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with others.
- Must possess the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- In particular, must be able to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders to include program leadership, engineering, scientists, military personnel, and all levels of management.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean are very desirable.
- Certification or formal training and experience in project management is a plus.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No