The External Candidate Developer identifies, screens, develops, and maintains relationships with active and passive external candidates for pipelines and select assignments within Fidelity. The External Candidate Developer identifies leads through various research methods, then qualifies and develops those leads through screening interviews when appropriate. Incumbent works in partnership with Staffing Consultants to introduce developed candidates for open positions, including recurring roles with known profiles and jobs defined as hard to fill.
- Partner with Staffing Consultants to understand business unit, functional and candidate requirements to assist in the development of highly screened candidate slate
- Develop research and sourcing approach for the immediate need as well as longer-range pipeline development
- Partner with Candidate Sourcing Team and Staffing Consultants to understand agreements regarding overall expectations, timeframes, candidate pool quality and quantity, and frequency of updates
- Leverage available tools and resources to learn about current market intelligence, industry trends, compensation practices, and consultative approaches
- Capitalize on understanding of current Fidelity need and knowledge of industry trends in order to utilize a broad network to source candidates and generate leads and contacts
- Utilize various techniques (Internet sourcing, exploring niche boards, resume mining in HMS, print media, networking, telephone lists, etc) to find appropriate active and passive candidates for specific Fidelity or pipeline positions
- Perform data mining and proactive, outbound calls to reach and acquire active and passive external candidates
- Use knowledge about business unit needs and specific opportunity to qualify candidates for a possible Fidelity match, using screenings, phone interviews, references, etc.
- A proven track record in sourcing technical talent nationally.
- Must be able to think creatively about where and how to identify talent; experience assessing and developing short and long-term engagement strategies for talent pipelines, networking and establishing credibility in the functional talent market
- Subject matter expertise in the talent sourcing industry, specifically new and emerging tools, technologies and practices
- Strong consultative skills – including the ability to present and share market insights, influence peers and business leaders and clearly articulate results and/or alternatives
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills including the ability to work independently to complete concurrent assignments in a timely fashion
- Resourceful, critical and strategic thinker, and creative problem solver: ability to quickly and effectively get things done while managing unanticipated issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.