Title: Assistant Marching Band Director
Qualifications: Must have prior Marching Band experience. Applicants with marching percussion experienced will be given top priority. Experience on the collegiate/drum corps level is preferred. Applicant must have a teaching certificate (substitute is acceptable) and be eligible for employment by the Hazelwood School District.
Reports to: Head Marching Band Director and Activities Director
Supervises: Marching Band
Job Goal: To develop the abilities of the students in the Marching Band.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attendance at all Marching Band events, rehearsals, and other functions
- Rehearsal of all performance music
- Supervision of students involved
- Rehearsal of drill
- Rehearsal of marching fundamentals
- Planning of functions
- Promotes the activity within the school by recruiting students that may have potential or who have had a previous background in Marching Band/music from the middle or elementary school.
- Maintains good public relations with the community, boosters club and parents.
- Performing all duties that the athletic administrator or principal deem necessary.