This positionis responsible to manage the Performance Engineering function withinManufacturing plants. The position is alsoresponsible to manage and drive the process of continuous improvement; focusingon increasing customer satisfaction, reducing waste, increasing efficiency andeliminating variation in manufacturing processes within the value stream supplychain (procurement to delivery).Assigned plant is large and complex with multiple value streams tosupport.
This positionalso ensures that assigned performance engineering team is operated inaccordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategicdirection.
- Lead and manage the performance engineering change in the manufacturing plants along with business partners in RTQ&E, value stream managers, and the Lean Program office.
- Provide inputs to Policy Deployment metrics with plant manager
- Aligns resources to the strategic goals and objectives of the organization through influence in the planning phases
- Lead the continuous product improvement and cost reduction efforts with business partners (i.e. Process and Product Engineering) ensuring that a rigorous process is followed and that all efforts are aligned with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Define and communicate performance targets established through policy deployment for safety, quality, customer service, costs and associate satisfaction/development with Performance Engineering team. Hold team accountable to those targets.
- Work with business partners to determine appropriate projects to focus on, using available data from design reviews, internal/external fall down figures, etc. as a directional tool.
- Lead the testing/analysis effort with business partners to determine root cause of problems. Lead plant level resolution efforts for Supplier and Customer corrective action process.
- Interface with Advanced Design, Product Engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions.
- Participate with business partners and customers in the Capital Expenditure and Engineering Change Control process with a focus on building quality assurance into the process.
- Continue to build and sustain the role and responsibility model for the Performance Engineering team along with the educational/training model for career development.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with plant management and other business partners on the execution of policy deployment and establishing employee involvement programs (Kaizens, etc.)
- Work with plant management on keeping performance engineering initiatives first. Promote Lean Manufacturing principles with a focus on creating value and eliminating waste.
- Establish an environment conducive to high levels of morale, associate satisfaction, and performance.
- Deliver performance to budget. Use participative approach in budgeting process.
- Ensure alignment of activities and resources within the Performance Engineering team, and ensure cross-organization collaboration and associate involvement where appropriate.
- Acquire the appropriate people, technology, equipment and financial resources necessary to meet customer expectations and implement the business improvement plans.
- Provide coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to associates and managers to promote the growth and development of the performance engineering team.
- Continued personal growth and development. Support and encourage continuous learning within Performance Engineering team.
- Be highly visible to associates and create a safe environment for participation. Promote going to Gemba to solve problems and also promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving.
- Interface with materials management/vendors on quality issues that arise from any external/internal source.
- Interface with groups responsible for methodologies, i.e. new product development, continuous product improvement, or process improvement
- Interface with Maintenance/Operations on any preventative maintenance issues that arise where the operation of machinery interferes with meeting objectives.
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Technology, or Management (MS preferred)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in quality, engineering leadership role, or area of technical support
- Background in product design or engineering, management and manufacturing preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge quality programs and initiatives, SPC and process capability work.
- Proven leader
Primary Location: United States-AZ-Goodyear
Organization: Aug 12, 2019, 11:51:59 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing