King of Prussia, PA - Home Office
** We are looking for a current junior or senior for a fall 2019 part time internship! **
The Fabric/Trim Development and Execution Intern is responsible for assisting with the commenting and organizational aspects of both the Color Execution team and technical aspects of the sublimation printer operations. This position is primarily responsible to assist with organization, vendor communication, color commenting, sublimation printing, and prioritizing the workflow of both the Color Execution Team and the in-house Sublimation printer daily.
The eight primary responsibilities of the of the Fabric/Trim Development and Execution Intern
- Maintain, organize, and order supplies as necessary for the Sublimation Lab so the printer is constantly ready and able to print, included but not limited to fabrics, paper, and ink.
- Maintains PFP fabric library with rolls of fabric, reroll fabrics, and track available quantities.
- Assist in the in-house printing room in a clean and organized manner, keeping fabric rolls and printer supplies extremely organized and easy to access.
- Assist with printing and transferring needs during heavy workload timeframes that require large output to meet deadlines put forth by the Seasonal Development Calendar. This includes Kick off, Quick Spec, Plotting of the Line, and the preparation for Initial Fit Sample Review.
- Learn computer programs used and how to operate the sublimation printer and heat press to be prepared for independent operation.
- Manages organization of strike offs, filing of lab dips, and organization of previous fabric approvals.
- Sends and tracks color standards to overseas vendors and ensures vendor needs are met.
- Providing accurate layout and color direction on lab dips and strike offs to assist vendors in matching submits to standard and matching digital colors to standard across all fabrics.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability and desire to collaborate well with others.
- Excellent understanding and application of color theory.
- Ability to manage workload effectively to meet deadlines during busy times to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external colleagues is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external vendors.
- The desire and drive to explore sublimation printing approaches in order to improve product development.
- Understanding what it takes to be well organized is required in order to perform this job effectively and to the expectations of Lilly Pulitzer®.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Evolution, or Design and Repeat is a plus, but not required.
Lilly Pulitzer® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lilly Pulitzer® participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.