We are seeking a Vessel Fabrication Foreman for an opportunity in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will have a strong background in supervising a coded vessel and piping fabric shop.
This person will oversee the daily operations including the planning, assigning, and execution of work by the provided contract craft personnel (welders, fitters, and helpers). Coordinate all fabrication of the piping, structural, and vessels to current code requirements/client specifications while maintaining Client’s standard of Quality. Coordinate and execute scheduling of any NDE - Hydro Testing – Post Weld Heat Treating and assembly of modular projects keeping within allotted time and budgeted costs. Track and report progress of schedule and budget to the Manager of Construction Services. This candidate will have a detailed understanding of P&ID’s, as well as isometric drawings and recent relevant, verifiable experience.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan all phases of fabrication / NDE testing through final assembly of product, by assigning work to Contractor Supervision to accomplish each task
- Ensure Contractor craftspeople quality of output meets client / code requirements, and report progress to Construction Services Manager
- Plan and supervise the fabrication and assembly of proprietary equipment
- Plan and coordinate heavy lifts and movement of heavy materials using documented lift plans and contract personnel, coordinate the use of multiple mobile hydraulic cranes when loading modules
- Coordinate with Contractor Supervision to ensure crafts personnel are adequately trained for efficient completion of assigned tasks
- Conduct daily safety meetings and evaluate safe work practices and provide feedback on possible improvements
- Plan painting and expedite material shortages as needed
- Safely operate forklifts, and overhead cranes as required
- Monitor consumables use and inventory to ensure supplies are available as required
- Continuously improve our commitment to excellence in Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security performance
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate's Degree with engineering or construction background preferred
- 5years’ experience in supervising of a vessel / piping fabrication shop
- Knowledge of structural fabrication techniques and materials required
- Recent experience in supervision of craftspeople (welders, fitters, helpers, etc.) required
- Certified Crane Operator preferred
- Certified AWS or ASME welder preferred
- Strong knowledge of lifting and rigging techniques
- Sound logic and mathematical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely