WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
As a Carpenter/Fabricator with GMR, you will be involved in the fabrication of activation, trade show, museum and special event properties. Your skills as a Finish Carpenter, Cabinet Builder, Display Builder will be welcomed, supported and embraced in an environment that is defined by high quality standards and everchanging unique fabrication challenges. In addition to working in a high-end fabrication facility, carpenters who enjoy travel will have the option to be selected for short duration trips to various domestic and potentially international locations to supervise the installation and dismantle of display properties and events. At GMR, we are looking for career minded carpenters who want to build their futures with us.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic or other materials
- Read a tape
- Understand and follow engineering drawings
- layout and assemble wood components
- operate a variety of wood working machines as well as hand power tools
- attach parts and subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws and/or clamps, etc.
- build, repair, install items such as cabinets, laminate, shelving, wall panels and backwalls
- install hardware such as hinges, handles, catches, drawers, pulls, slides and more
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- 5-10 year Background in Finish Carpentry, Cabinetry or the auto show, trade show industry.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery
- Ability to operate CNC router table
- Proficient with all shop equipment and safety practices: table saws, routers, laminating, etc.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, blueprints, and diagrams
- Basic knowledge of math and measurements.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and complete jobs with demanding deadlines while keeping great attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; confidence to work independently and with a team, in support of project goals and objectives
- High energy level required with the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Available to occasionally work overtime and weekends.
- Open to potential for travel to supervise installation of displays at domestic and international show sites.
- Metal fabrication and welding skills are a huge plus.
- Electrical knowledge is also a huge plus, experience wiring LED ribbon light and fixtures.