Fabricator performs repetitive or routine duties while operating required equipment to cut and thread pipe, make on fittings, bundle pipe, and clean up. Fabricator has basic operating knowledge of all fabrication processes and industry standards.
- Fabricator operates rotary chop saw and band saw to cut pipe to length.
- Handle movement of pipe along the length of table and off load to a cart or crate for staging in loading area.
- Fabricator operates grooving machine for a grooved pipe end process.
- Operate threader to apply thread to desired pipe.
- Fabricator operates make-on machine in order to apply fitting to desired pipe.
- Operate band saw in order to cut threaded rod to specified lengths.
- Fabricator installs hanger devices to specified lengths of threaded rod.
- Operate bench grinder to apply required end to threaded rod for application of hanger devices.
- Fabricator pushes pipe carts of pipe to load area for loading purposes.
- Operate pneumatic staple gun to staple cardboard box to pallet. Use forklift when necessary to retrieve materials and move pipe.
- Fabricator operates pneumatic bander to ready pipe bundles for shipment when required.
- Completes training curriculum including but not limited to safety requirements while demonstrating an acceptable level of competence as defined by management.
- Follow all company policies and procedures. Handle additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the fabrication lead, fabrication manager, or branch operations manager.
- Minimum of 3 years in a production multitask environment while under time constraints.
- Previous welding experience helpful with the ability to become certified.
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and decimals with the ability to read a tape measure in increments.