Accountable to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for planning and implementing preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, installation and modification of building construction and repair on an efficient and timely basis through effective management and utilization of the Maintenance Department.
- Direct the activities of the maintenance department to insure that all plant equipment is maintained and repaired with minimum downtime.
- Schedule preventative maintenance for all machines and make sure scheduling is executed.
- Supervise installation of new machines, check, and inspect them before put in use and keep records after they are in use.
- Coordinate priority maintenance scheduling with production requirements in conjunction with production department mangers and production scheduling department.
- Enforce all safety procedures and policies.
- Establish contact with vendors as needed and take bids, approve bids and supervise and inspect work to assure quality.
- Budget and control department costs.
- Perform special projects as required.
Supervision Scope: Responsible for the direction of all Maintenance Department associates.
- A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in Maintenance in manufacturing arena.
- Must have good attention to details, but be able to manage the big picture and have a “make the numbers , ... ” mentality.
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
- Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning, leadership, and administrative skills.
- High energy, demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
- 3-5 years Maintenance experience.
- Project management experience.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
BS degree in Engineering or equivalent