WHO WE ARE:
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Group. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country. BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating for the last 10 consecutive years and has seen significant growth. Our headquarters, located in the Financial District in downtown San Francisco, is the heart of our company culture centered around creativity, integrity and collaboration. Join us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
BHHC is seeking an organized, personable, and detail-oriented Facilities Coordinator to join our organization. You will coordinate various office and facilities tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly at all times.You are responsible for essential office support including maintenance and upkeep of the office facilities and all safetyregulations and requirements are consistently met. As the face of our organization, you will develop and maintains positive working relationshipswith property management, building engineers and third party vendors to ensure all assignments andprojects are completed in a timely manner. Come join our growing and innovating team!
- Coordinate office moves, new office openings, tenant improvement projects and general Real Estate and Construction ventures
- Coordinate placement of new hires, temps, contractors and relocations with IT for timelyexecution
- Assist with the review of employee self-evaluation ergo assessments and coordinate purchase ofspecialty equipment with HR
- Ensure visitors have access to workstations and are provided with security access cards whenappropriate
- Respond to emergency or questions from building management,building security and contractor/vendors during after hours and weekends
- Perform regular audits of facilities and provide recommendations for resolution of substandardissues or discrepancies
- Respond to internal service request via the Service Desk and coordinate with Building Services and external vendors for issues
- Review and ensure accuracy of vendor work orders pertaining to facility activities and ensureinformation is accurate and complete
- Coordinate First Aid/CPR and AED certified training and conduct safety management training
HOW YOU’D FIT IN:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer Service focused experience is a plus!
- Experience with Facilities Management or Coordination in an office setting is a plus!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Unparalleled financial strength and stability
- Fantastic growth and advancement opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc)
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Discounts across companies such as GEICO, See’s Candies, etc.
NOTE: BHHC does not conduct interviews via social media (e.g. Google hangout, LinkedIn, etc.). Please be aware that any such contact is fraudulent and we advise that you not provide any personal information. This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888.897.7781 www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. We will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by local ordinance. Additionally, no applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense except to the extent necessary to obtain a necessary license or to comply with The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of l994, which prohibits the employment by an insurance company of persons convicted of certain crimes, unless a waiver is obtained.