To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship. The Data Analyst - Facilities is responsible for performing a range of functions with respect to information collection and presentation, including responding to requests for reports, analysis, proactively providing relevant data and information in support of Facilities projects. This position will proactively perform the activities related to the maintenance and implementation of the computerized database to meet the business goals, technical goals and user needs of the Facilities & Construction department. Provides customer support by acting as a liaison between the customer and Plant Operations to ensure work order requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Oversees daily efficient operations and assures accountability to all regulatory entities as well as pertinent policies and procedures
- Responsible for improving data quality and for designing or presenting conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel, SQL, and others
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct operational data problems
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities and assist in development of operational data process controls
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provides ongoing reports
- Maintains currency of hardware and/or software and vendor information for areas of primary responsibility, thereby providing a valuable resource needed to support daily operations and the Health First emergency preparedness mission. Shall create, review and update documentation on an annual basis for responsible systems including, but not limited to FAQ's, configuration, procedures and workflow as appropriate in the standard format. Documentation shall support normal system operations, downtime operations, and disaster preparedness requirements.
- Maintains a high level of security as it pertains to system access, computer usage, remote access and physical security in assigned areas of responsibility, abiding by established Health First Information Security policies, Facilities & Construction policies and applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Performs various database reports, queries and statistics as directed by Facilities & Construction leadership.
- Keeps manager informed of database activity status and issues on a regular assigned schedule and in the appropriate format.
- Supports project teams in technical data requirements gathering, requirements analysis, and data analysis
- Works with application developers and Facilities & Construction leadership to identify the business and operational data requirements
- Conducts training as requested related to system utilization with content appropriate for the audience
- Provides support to customers in the utilization of software systems
- Coordinates communication between customers and the plant operations team
- Assists to identify, analyze, and make recommendations for alternative methods to the operational processes, utilizing process knowledge to integrate, and transfer new or existing technology into the work place, so key outcomes are met and departmental processes maximized
- Provides operational monitoring of data file transfers and trouble shoots production incidents
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and operational data quality
- Communicates with database vendor and Health First IT Department regarding maintenance and/or software patches
- High School Diploma required; BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Business, or Statistics preferred
- One year as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or similar type role
- Two years healthcare or related experience
- Adept at queries, report writing and present findings.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience and knowledge in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Windows
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Enthusiasm and high level of job interest
- Possess computer abilities as well as oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to relate well with all customers and peers
- Ability to prioritize and organize to maximize quality, value and service
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of regulatory standards appropriate to position