St. Luke’s is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees, students, nursing school instructors and volunteers. Together, they are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees, students, nursing school instructors and volunteers are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses, and other health care providers; and improves access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient’s ability to pay for health care.
St. Luke’s offers many opportunities for our student population. We hope you will find these opportunities equally fulfilling and rewarding. Prior to starting your student internship or your nursing school instructor assignment at St. Luke’s, it will be necessary for you to complete specific requirements and orientation materials, which you will need to provide during the student/nursing school instructor application process.
The Geisinger/St. Luke’s Hospital will be one of soon-to-be eleven hospitals in the St. Luke’s system. Located in Orwigsburg PA, our newest hospital is slated to open in the Fall of 2019 and will provide availability of quality inpatient health care resources to residents of Schuylkill and Northern Berks Counties. This new campus will be located 9 miles north of Route 78, on Route 61 in Orwigsburg providing EASY access for our patients and visitors.
The Director of Facilities is responsible for the continuous, safe and efficient operation of the physical plant and systems of the hospital in accordance with local, state and federal codes and regulations. Responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for patients, personnel and the public. Manages Plant Operations and off-site properties, heat energy process, electrical, heating and air conditioning systems. The director serves as the designated Safety Officer and HazMat Officer of the hospital.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, plans, directs and coordinates the safe, cost effective operation of hospital facilities, assuring that goals and objectives are met.
- Develops procedure and operation manuals.
- Maintains inspections and proper preventative maintenance programs.
- Secures accreditation requirements by adhering to all codes and regulations relating to all areas of the Environment of Care.
- Plans, supervises and coordinates construction and various system modification projects.
- Communicates and coordinates projects, obtains estimates and negotiates contracts with vendors and contracted services.
- Manages procurement of supplies for Maintenance and Environmental Services departments through use of the approved budget and ordering procedures.
- Demonstrates responsible and appropriate fiscal planning, development and management of departmental budgets.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical activity to include standing for up to 6 hours per day. Walking on all surfaces for up to 3 hours per day and climb stairs. Must be capable of driving hospital vehicles. Fingering and handling objects frequently. Frequently uses hands to write and/or type using the computer. May be required to use upper extremities to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs. Occasionally stoops, bends, squats, kneels and reaches above shoulder level. Must have the ability to hear as it relates to normal conversation in person and on the telephone. Seeing as it relates to general and peripheral vision. Must have the ability to touch as related to telephone and computer keyboard.
Degree in Engineering with three years experience in hospital setting or equivalency.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have solid background in engineering including industrial, civil, mechanical, electrical, heating and air conditioning, energy management and construction technology. Background in handling infectious waste and hazardous material awareness.
Please complete your student/nursing school instructor application using your full legal name and current home address in addition to any other personal information. You will also be required to upload specific documents for your internship/assignment.
Thank you for your interest in St. Luke’s.