Acara Solutions is currently seeking and experienced Facilities Engineer in Rochester, NY!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and complete Failure Mode and Effects Analysis on all major production equipment, to include: sizers, rollers, presses, hammers, furnaces, and other major production equipment;
- Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance actions (PMs) using FMEA data and engineering principles, refine as required;
- Conduct periodic analysis of completed maintenance actions to ensure value driven approach to PM design and periodicity; refine, realign as required;
- Conduct periodic analysis of maintenance repair activity to ensure elimination of root cause elements in pursuit of repair strategies;
- Develop engineered solutions as required in order to reduce down time during unscheduled repairs; including process sequencing, special tooling, streamlined repair pathways, and required vendor support;
- Assist in the development of Facilities Maintenance Plan, providing support in determining life expectancy of facilities systems, including roofing, asphalt and concrete systems, plumbing, electrical and other infrastructure systems;
- Interface with production operations and develop and refine engineering projects designed to enhance productivity, improve production efficiencies, and reduce process work content;
- Develop scheme to interface with Quality/Inspection departments to ensure production equipment meets established quality standards;
- Develop/refine modernization plan to ensure that production and Quality are aware of progressive techniques and leading-edge technologies in order to avoid equipment obsolescence and long-term erosion of part quality;
- Manage day-to-day details on large projects, such as new equipment installations and large equipment repairs.
- Develop objectives, timelines, and budgetary requirements;
- Develop cost savings initiatives and compose business case analysis for management support;
- Design tools and support equipment to streamline production and maintenance techniques;
- Assist with onsite repairs as required;
- Complete special work as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in facilities, industrial or related engineering field
- Minimum of 2 years of facilities engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years of pneumatic and hydraulic experience
Aleron companies; Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.