Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
*Must have Healthcare/Hospital setting experience within a Facilities/Maintenance discipline*
The Facilities Director, Plant Operations & Maintenance (POM) plans, administers and directs all activities related to POM and will have client financial accountability, and be in compliant with the standards established by Aramark and the client. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified approach to POM management.
The Facilities Director, POM will be responsible for the development & growth of a large management team and hourly associates. Will also focus on meeting and exceeding operating and financial goals, client objectives, KPI metrics, and customer needs. Will have daily interaction with the client, client's customers and employees. This individual will be focused on ensuring operational excellence in the delivery of the services Aramark is contracted to provide.
- Demonstrates a high level of visionary leadership, balanced judgment and disciplined execution
- Process-focused and decisive to ensure effective execution of all strategies/initiatives in order to meet company & client needs with a high standard of excellence, urgency & predictability
- Relentless commitment to safety excellence, demonstrates behaviors that drive a Safety FIRST core value, fosters a culture where every team member is empowered & supported to achieve a work environment without exposures and incidents - where No One Gets Hurt
- Creates a great employee work environment & inspires teamwork and partnership at all levels - internally and externally
- Is a visible servant leader, leading from the heart to serve, encourage, support and lift others up, while role modeling the Aramark Mission - deliver experiences that enrich & nourish lives
- Intense focus on our Values - Sell & Serve with Passion; Front Line First; Set Goals. Act. Win.; Integrity and Respect Always
- Will manage a large POM department
- Will support the management of the budget, control assets with operating revenue, and manage labor costs, supply costs and inventories.
- May complete and approve weekly and monthly financial operating reports
- Order, maintain, and use capital equipment efficiently
- Ensures compliance with all contract obligations
- Ensures the effective implementation of the comprehensive Safety Plan, driving full compliance of all safety rules, guidelines and protocols
- Optimize financial performance, process accuracy and logistics productivity by conducting operational audits and ensuring a high level of execution and compliance
- Drive operational efficiencies, labor/scheduling productivity
- Drive a positive work environment and utilize effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Provide overall direction and control to a large/complex account to achieve operating and financial goals
- Responsible for the training, development and performance management of personnel, operations managers and associates
- Deliver strong operational performance by ensuring compliance with Aramark Facilities Services and regulatory agency standards and programs and translating corporate strategy into front line operational tactics and will ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and other, local, state, and federal government regulations
- Lead development of team ensuring high performance, talent succession planning, optimal staffing and employee engagement
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and business relationships with clients/customers
- Ensure that client objectives are fully met by maintaining active customer relationships including formal structured monthly business reviews
- Ensures consistent application and regular use of all WebTMA modules to properly manage the operation
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering from an accredited university/college; MBA is preferred.
Must have Healthcare/Hospital setting experience within Facilities/Plant Operations and Maintenance
Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in facilities management required
- Experience and knowledge of custodial, grounds and maintenance services (boilers, chillers, generators, HVAC/R preferred)
- Knowledge of facility related equipment, financial analysis and interpretation required
- Previous construction management experience preferred
- Prior experience in mentoring and developing management level staff is required, as is experience leading 50+ person staff of managers and hourly employees
- High degree of integrity and business maturity
- Previous P&L experience required managing budgets in the multi-millions within the facilities industry, with a proven track record of growing accounts.
- Demonstrated time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple client relationships and prioritize time and resources accordingly.
- Ideal candidates will possess a high energy level that is communicated to the team they will lead
- Demonstrate proven success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and considerable negotiation skills are also needed to drive results.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is a key success measure
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills and experience are essential for success in this role
- Candidates must possess a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to lead directly and through influence