This position shall be responsible for the installation, inspection, preventive maintenance, routine maintenance and minor repairs of, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical equipment, communication systems, nurse call systems, medical equipment, pneumatic tube system, buildings, plumbing, sanitary, medical gases, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems and audiovisual equipment televisions.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to positive team goals, put success of team above own interest.
- Demonstrates initiative to improve quality of customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Performs minor repairs on nurse call systems, televisions, VCR’s, and other communication systems equipment.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on the pneumatic tube system, medical equipment such as patient beds, wheelchairs, wheeled stretchers, exercise equipment, etc.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on medical gas outlets.
- Performs minor repairs and preventive maintenance on buildings, building and cabinet hardware, plumbing, electrical and mechanical items.
- Is knowledgeable of sprinkler and fire alarm systems.
- Displays considerable initiative and judgment involved in determining extent of repairs as may be required on all equipment and buildings selecting the appropriate materials, utilizing the most effective methods, techniques and procedures when required to complete job assignments.
- Cooperates with Facilities Manager and Supervisor and other employees to maintain equipment, parts and supplies and make recommendations to Facilities Manager regarding desired changes in operation and maintenance procedures.
- Keeps informed through periodicals, books, training seminars, on-the-job training and other sources and participates in approved training programs to further job knowledge.
High school graduate or GED. Completion of trade school course or trade apprenticeship program is desirable but not mandatory. Minimum 1 year experience in industrial or commercial operations. Familiar with building maintenance techniques as applied to systems and equipment. Hospital experience desirable but not mandatory. Must have valid drivers license. Fire extinguisher permit is preferred at time of hire, but not required. Must obtain within first year of employment.